Let’s put it out there, I’m not about trends, far from it. I’m about creating images that will make your heart melt for a lifetime. However, I do like to incorporate timely characteristics that will speak for the time the image was taken. So, what do I see coming in Summer 2016 in Australia?
- Black and White – ok, firstly, it’s a classic, it’s not a trend, but let’s use it in a modern way. What we can do for your image that is about pure, raw emotion, an image that is about childhood innocence, or simply an image reflecting a person on the brink of change, is that it eliminates the distraction and allows you to melt into those beautiful eyes time and time again, without confusion. The trend part of this, is how it is used. We are going to use black and white photography in ways that play on the subtle differences in tone, to make you immerse yourself in a moment in time.
- Deep Rich Colour – you know those beautiful deep rich sunsets and deep colours that make your breath catch in your throat. Well, imagine those, with the light kissing your baby’s hair, with you and your significant loved ones captured in that light – that’s where I’m headed this summer. Come along for the ride, its going to be beautiful.
- Paper Texture – lots of it. Over the past 6 months I’ve been playing with some beautiful papers to print on. I’m always excited, however never really surprised, when I see a beautiful image come off my printer and it is exactly how I ensivsaged. All those rich tones beautifully represented with inks on paper. Come to my home studio to see what we can create.
- Movement – who said a portrait has to be sitting still – enjoy the movement that your child craves. Dance in the twirly skirt, run through the water, enjoy every moment – and let’s capture that in all its glory.
- Significance – this to me is huge – we need to create images of significance. Significance to the person/people in the image, significant images that take you straight back to where you were at that point in your life. If your son plays an instrument, let’s photograph that part of their life. If your daughter likes dress ups – bring the bling and let’s turn it on. If your family spends time at the beach every summer then get down to the sand and capture that important part of your family life. A portrait session is about you and your family – let us value you, let us value this beautiful memory an put it on the wall. It’s so worth it.